- Step 1: Application
Submit an application (found at www.gracecovenantacademy.org/admissions) along with the application fee of $100 per student (paid with submission of app). If a spot is available for your child we will notify you via email. You will have five business days to accept or decline the spot.
- Step 2: Enrollment Packet
After acceptance of the spot you will be emailed instructions to complete your child’s online enrollment packet. At the end of the enrollment packet you will submit the enrollment fee of $250 for K-7th The enrollment packet should be submitted, and fees paid online, within ten business days of the acceptance of the spot.
- Step 3: Entrance Testing & Prior School Records
Upon submission of the enrollment packet you will schedule a testing date for your child at Davidson Learning Center. Davidson Learning Center will assess their own fees for entrance testing. Those fees are collected by Davidson Learning Center and are the responsibility of the parent. Additionally, students entering K-7th grade must give their current teacher/school a recommendation form to be sent directly from the current school to GCA. Finally, the student’s most recent report card should be submitted to GCA.
- Step 4: Shadow Day (4th-7th grade students)
All new students entering 4th-7th grade are required to spend half of a day shadowing their current grade level at GCA. GCA’s Administrative team will reach out to enrolling families to coordinate this day. During the shadow day new students will participate in classroom activities, get to know current students, and meet with GCA teachers.
- Step 5: Family Interview
Upon receipt of test results and recommendation form, GCA will contact you to set up a family interview. At least one parent must accompany the student to the interview. This is your opportunity to discuss any questions you have or share anything that might be beneficial to your child’s education. GCA Administration will follow up after the family interview to officially confirm enrollment.
- Early Education- Pre K only: Early education students are required to submit an application but no application fee is collected. Applications are handled in the order received.
- GCA will email each family to let you know of space available or ask if you would like to be placed on a wait list. Should a spot be available you will have five business days to accept the spot, otherwise we will move to the next family in line.
- When a family accepts a spot at GCA you will be emailed a link to the online enrollment packet. Each family will have ten business days to complete and submit the enrollment pack.
- Upon submission of the enrollment packet new Pre K students will be contacted to set up an entrance testing date at GCA. Entrance testing is facilitated by a former GCA teacher on the GCA campus. Specific details will be given when you select a day. There is no fee for testing.
- After entrance testing is completed for the majority of new Pre K students GCA administration will call a meeting to go over testing results and answer any questions that families may have.
Please Note: Administration reserves the right to deny mid-year enrollment to students after the first quarter ends. Enrollment for the consecutive school year opens in January. If necessary, a lottery will be held with preference given to the following: siblings of reenrolled GCA students followed by Grace Covenant Church members (obtained through the formal partnership process). In an effort to maintain a balanced boy/girl ratio, GCA reserves the right to make placement in accordance with that balance.
If the class is at capacity, the student will be placed on a wait list. Preference will be given in the following order:
- Siblings of re-enrolling GCA students
- Next by Grace Covenant Church partners. (Grace Covenant Church partnership is attained through a formal process which begins with a Partnership class.) In an effort to maintain a balanced boy/girl ratio, GCA reserves the right to make placement in accordance with that balance.
- A child must be three years old on or before August 31, 2019, to enroll in the 3 year old program.
- A child must be four years old on or before August 31, 2019, to enroll in the Pre-K program.
- A child must be five years old on or before August 31, 2019, to enroll in Kindergarten.