Director of Technology
The Director of Technology provides school-wide technology leadership and support for GCA. Responsibilities include developing, evaluating, and maintaining the school technology vision and plan while serving as a liaison between school staff and technology resources throughout the building. The Director of Technology will work with the Head of School to provide appropriate professional development training for all staff through the school year and will serve as the primary contact for parents and staff regarding all technology needs. The Director of Technology will be the primary purchaser of technology equipment and software licenses for GCA and will maintain the technology budget throughout the year.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited postsecondary institution.
- Have a minimum of three years of experience in technology support or related experience and demonstrate proficiency in the area of technology support.
- Have experience with desktop operating systems, including Mac OS and MS Windows.
- Have experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Possess evidence of other adequate preparation, background, or experiences as determined by the Head of School.
- Possess strong interpersonal and customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication.
8. Have basic knowledge of the following computer hardware:
- Multimedia Projectors
- Promethean Boards
- Document Cameras
- Samsung Tablets
9. Have experience with the following web-based and desktop applications:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Student Information Systems (SIS)
- Google Drive/Google for Education
Equipment / Software Used
Equipment: Dell computers, PC Windows, document cameras, Promethean boards, Samsung tablets, and Chromebooks. Typical office equipment such as copiers, printers, etc.
Software: Microsoft Office suite, Outlook system, web browsers, Google Drive, Adobe Acrobat, SeeSaw, RenWeb/FACTS SIS, Screencastify, YouTube.